This Policy applies as between you, the User of SORTSY, and Allsop Consulting Ltd., the owner and provider of SORTSY. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of SORTSY and any SORTSY Services or Systems therein.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|Account ||means collectively the personal information, payment information and/or credentials used by Users to access Content and / or any communications System on SORTSY; |
|Content ||where used without the prefix SORTSY or User, means collectively SORTSY Content and User Content as defined below; |
|Cookie ||means a small text file placed on your computer by us when you visit certain parts of SORTSY. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within SORTSY; |
|Data ||means collectively all information that you submit to SORTSY. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our SORTSY Services or Systems; |
|SORTSY ||means the SORTSY website / app, any platform and any software application that we may from time to time provide. |
|SORTSY Service ||means collectively the online facilities, tools, services or information that we make available through and for SORTSY either now or in the future; |
|System ||means any online communications infrastructure that we make available through SORTSY either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, review pages, surveys, live chat, real time facilities and forums; and |
|User(s) ||means any party that accesses SORTSY and includes Consumer and Service Providers. |
| || |
2. Data Collected
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- address and other geographical data;
- email address;
- mobile phone number;
- company numbers and credentials, if applicable;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- payment and financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on SORTSY, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- Cookie information (see Clause 10 below).
3. Our Use of Data
- Any personal Data you submit will be retained by us for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on SORTSY.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using SORTSY. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- to set up and maintain Accounts and profiles on SORTSY;
- allow you to participate in interactive features on SORTSY including Review forum, feedback and rating and interacting with other Users of SORTSY for the purposes of procuring or offering services / goods, as applicable;
- internal record keeping and verification;
- to check the creditworthiness of Users and obtain information on the User through third parties e.g. credit reference agencies, insolvency checks.
- improvement of our products / SORTSY Services;
- transmission of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- help diagnose any problems and administer SORTSY;
- prevent fraud;
- provide a more tailored experience while you are using SORTSY and gather statistics about the traffic on SORTSY;
- contact for market research purposes. Such information may be used to customise or update SORTSY; and
- contact to notify you about any changes to our Services and/or SORTSY facilities.
4. Third Party Disclosures
4.1 We may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services may have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of SORTSY. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that we request. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
4.2 We reserve the right to provide Service Provider Data to credit reference agencies or suitable third parties in order to verify creditworthiness and insolvency/bankruptcy status. In such cases, the Data will only be transferred to the extent necessary to protect our and Consumer interests and the third parties will be under an obligation to protect Data in accordance with data protection legislation.
4.3 We may have to reveal certain Data if required to do so by law or government authority.
5. Changes of Business Ownership and Control
We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
6. Controlling Access to your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
7. Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of SORTSY without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
8. Accessing your own Data
- You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the Data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data on payment of a small administration fee.
Data security is of great importance to us and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to SORTSY; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on SORTSY.
- You may delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access SORTSY more quickly.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your browser if you are unsure as to how to adjust your privacy settings.
Changes to this Policy